Or in my case baked red tomatoes 😀 but isn’t that such a lovely movie? <3 As you may have noticed, I started writing more often, twice a week (calm down Tea!), so what could that possibly mean? It means I got a new camera and I can finally take decent pictures. All I have to learn now is how to edit photos but let’s take it baby steps….
Today I am bringing you a great side dish recipe, baked red tomatoes stuffed with boiled eggs. I made these for the first time ever today and the eaters at the place where I cook licked the plates, so I take that as a great review.
They so pretty 😀
- 14 medium tomatoes (I was feeding 1 people, 1 tomato per person)
- 7 eggs (half an egg per tomato)
- salt ‘n’ peppa
- olive oil (if not, vegetable oil is also fine)
- 3 squashed garlic cloves
- fresh basil
- gauda, cheddar or some sort of meltable cheese
- Wash the tomatoes and chop off one thin slice on the top. Then, with a spoon, dig out the pulp out of the tomatoes. Place them on a baking paper on a tray. Sprinkle with some salt and oil and put in the preheated oven 220 Celsius degrees for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile boil eggs. While the eggs are boiling mix the sauce: 3 – 4 tablespoons of olive oil + pinch of salt + pinch of pepper + 3 squashed cloves of garlic and half a handful of fresh thyme.
- When the eggs are boiled, cool the down and take out the tomatoes out of the oven. Put half a teaspoon of sauce into each one. Then place half of an egg into each one. Sprinkle with a little bit of salt.
- Place some ground cheese on top and put back in the oven for another 20 minutes. When they’re done serve them on a wide plate, garnish with fresh basil leaves and sprinkle with olive oil.
- Do NOT throw the tomato pulp away, put it in the liquidizer, whizz it up for 2 minutes and make tomato juice. Reward yourself for effort and good job. 😀