Who doesn’t love a beautiful curry? When added to veggies, meat, rice or noodles it transforms simple, boring ingredients to something much more special. But far too often people buy already done curries, order take away or use store bought paste or spice blend. But if you do it yourself it will definitely be faster, healthier and tastier. You’re gonna love this one.
The thing I love most about this curry is that you can make from start to finish in like 15 minutes. You make the paste, cook it with some coconut milk, cook some rice or noodles and voila, home made curry. Suitable for vegetarians and vegans. Brilliant.
For roughly 4 people you’ll need:
- 1 chopped chili (hot to your own liking)
- 4 squashed cloves of garlic
- 1 chopped up lemon grass
- 5 chopped spring onions
- a bunch of coriander, just stalks not leaves
- 3 leaves of kefir lime leaves
- thumb size piece of ginger
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- Put all of the ingredients in a food blender and blitz until you get this beautiful incredible green color. Taste the paste and season if needed..
- Put the paste in a pot, add veggies (green beans, broad beans, scallions, broccoli etc.), add 400 ml of coconut milk and half a pint of vegetable/chicken stock.
- When it starts to boil, stir well and remove from heat. Curry is done.
- Serve with some rice, rice noodles, veggies, meat whatever. Garnish with the rest of coriander leaves, crumble some dried chili on top if you want. The taste is so incredibly fragrant and mesmerizing. Trust me, you’ll love it.