Friday Brownie Business. Today at work I decided to make my first brownies and the crowd was delighted. Very easy to make with tasty cherries and pecan nuts, they make a beautiful bite of comfort food.
- 200 g of high quality chocolate
- 4 tbspoons of cocoa powder
- 200 g of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 heaped tbspoons of strong flour
- 1/2 package of baking powder
- 250 g of butter
- a jar of cherries
- 150 g of pecan nuts
- a pinch of salt
- 1 orange
- Beat the chocolate to smaller pieces then add to a food processor. Add the butter, sugar, flour, baking powder, cocoa, salt and eggs. Process it. You can add a pinch of cinnamon to give the extra flavor.
- Put the mixture in a greased tray and even out.
- Now add the cherries (drain them first) and pecan nuts. Grate the orange zest. This is the best part of the process, you can add whatever you want, chocolate, coconut, fruits, whatever floats your boat.
- Put in the preheated oven 200 Celsius degrees for 12 – 15 minutes. Obey the temperature and the minutes, it’s crucial when it comes to baking.
- Check if it’s baked and slice to 12 pieces.
- My advice is to serve with a ball of vanilla ice cream. Delicious.
There, done in 20 minutes.