Sandwiches. Joey Tribbiani’s favorite food and something I really like to prepare. Actually that’s one of my favorite aspects of cooking, as well as the most creative one. Making different layers of textures and flavors to get the perfect little bite really excites me. And I’m pretty good at it, my boyfriend saysI make the best sandwiches he ever had. So here’s couple of my favorite ones, creme de mente as Delboy would say.
My breakfast sandwiches are based on eggs and very dense types of bread. At the moment my favorite’s the classic extra fulfilling corn bread with butter and ”pancake” eggs. Those are actually sunny side up sandwiches with broken yolk and flipped as pancake.
- 2 eggs
- šhandful of mushrooms
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt, pepper, nutmeg, thyme, chili
- 10 g of butter
- slice of cornbread
- Heat up the butter and fry sliced up garlic with a pinch of thyme and half of crumbled chili. Fry for a minute then add mushrooms.
- Let it fry for 5 minutes on a light heat then add a pinch of nutmeg.
- Meanwhile beat two eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper and pour over the mushrooms.
- Mix gently with the spatula until silky smooth, then remove from heat.
- Spray some tabasco over the cornbread, put the eggs on top and sprinkle with some cheese.
EGG&BACON WITH A TWIST
This is a very similar sandwich with a small twist.
- 2 eggs
- piece of bread of your choice
- sour cream
- For the sandwich from the first picture fry up some ham/bacon until golden then add the two eggs and fry like a pancake. No need for salt since ham is salty.
- Transfer to a slice of bread covered with sour cream and sprinkle with tabasco. Add the cheese under the eggs so it melts beautifully.
- For the sandwich from second picture also fry up the ham, then add a handful of cut in half cherry tomatoes. Then add the eggs. Transfer to bread and decorate with basil.
Lunch sandwiches are huge bites with at least 3 – 4 layers of everything, designed to keep you full for hours.
This is complete insanity of a sandwich and there’s no one who didn’t like it. Definitely not for the weight watchers. Great for parties.
- bagel with seeds
- button mushrooms
- 1/2 of a tomoato
- cream cheese
- 2-3 rashers of bacon
- chicken breast
- bbq sauce
- 1/2 onion
- First fry the bacon until crispy. Cut the chicken breast in couple of thin layers, sprinkle with salt and fry on the bacon grease.
- Meanwhile cut the bagel in half and cover the bottom with cream cheese. Put the sliced up tomato on it. Then add the chicken and cover with bbq sauce.
- Fry the chopped up onion and mushrooms. Add on top of the chicken.
- Fry the egg in pancake style and put on top of the mushrooms.
- Turn of the heat and melt the mozzarella in a pan. Put it on top of the egg, sprinkle with crunchy bacon and cover with the top of the bagel.
Ok this is a burger,but it belongs in a sandwich family, so I’m not far away from the topic. 😀
- burger bagel
- red onion
- bbq sauce
- patty (you can make your own from ground beef, onion, salt, pepper, red paprika, egg and bread crumbs)
- Fry the patty on a grill pan and cover with a flat lid to put some pressure on it and flatten it.
- While it’s grilling, spread ketchup and mustard on top of the bagel, add the sliced red onion and pickles. Then add the fried bacon.
- Put some lettuce, tomatoes and cheese.
- Then put the grilled patty on top, spray some bbq sauce, cover with the bottom part of the bagel, turn around and voila it’s done.
Dinner sandwiches are a mixture of everything, which you can see from the pictures.
- baking powder
- bbq sauce
- Make american style pancakes. It goes 5 pancakes per sandwich.
- Fry the ham until golden, and then make scrambled eggs in the same oil.
- On a first layer put the tomato, on a second bbq sauce and ham. Then cheese. The fourth one is reserved for eggs and the fifth to cover everything.
MAGIC HEALTHY SANDWICH
This is actually a healthy meal.
- olive oil
- 1/2 chili
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe tomatoes or, my way, handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 of red onion
- 2 thick slices of whole wheat bread with seeds
- 4 springs of coriander or my way, parsley
- Lay plastic wrap over one small cup or bowl, and tuck it in with extra wrap sticking on the outside. Rub some olive oil on it, then chop some chili and add it inside. Carefully crack an egg and then pull the sides of the plastic wrap, gently squeeze out the air and tie a knot. Do the same with the other egg. If my instructions aren’t clear enough check the tutorial, it’s version no 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAWduxoCgVk
- Put the pan with water on a medium heat and bring to a simmer. Drop the tomatoes into the water for a minute and then take them out and put in some cold water for a minute. Peel and chop them into eights and remove the seedy center. Grate the onion, add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and season with a pinch of salt, black pepper and juice of half a lime. and mix everything together.
- In the same pan put your eggs to poach for 6 minutes, so they come out soft boiled.
- Meanwhile peel and pit the avocado and then smash it with the rest of lime juice and season to perfection.
- Toast the bread and spread the avocado on it like butter and cover with the tomato-onion mixture. Unwrap your eggs and put them on top. Garnish with some cilantro leaves.
Although the middle of the sandwich is what we’re excited about the most, a good bread can take it on another level. So I like to pimp my bread to add extra flavors.
PIMP MY BREAD
- olive oil
- Cut the bread lengthwise, then sideways to get the cubs
- Mix the butter with parsley and garlic and rub into the bread. Pour over some olive oil
- Scrunch and moist the baking paper and wrap the bread in it.Put in the oven for 20 minutes on 200 Celsius degrees.
- Now you have a great basis for awesome sandwiches.