Hummus, a fairly popular dip/spread, is an excellent side dish or a healthy snack. it’s made from cooked chickpeas and tahini paste (sesame paste) with a few extra ingredients which vary from person to person. I prepare my hummus the same for months, ever since I found the perfect combination, because I like it creamy and slightly liquid, not too dense and with that extra spice kick. Hummus is a very healthy choice because it contains a lot of proteins and fiber, as well as a good dose of cooper, nutrient important for keeping skin and hair healthy.
- 800 g of chickpeas (2 tins)
- 3 tablespoons of yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of tahini paste
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tblspoon of olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lime or lemon (I prefer lime juice)
- 1 tspoon of ground cumin
- a pinch of salt
- Tip the chickpeas into a blender with only half of the tin juice. Add the tahini (you can do without it, but it gives that deep flavor), yogurt, cumin, salt, olive oil and peeled garlic. Squeeze in the lime/lemon juice, then blitz until smooth.
- Taste and season to perfection and serve with fresh veg, bread, or use as a spread in sandwiches.