I think the title says it all. Anyhow, I was fooling around in the kitchen this weekend until I made something beautiful and sexy: chocolate lava muffins, mainly because I know my boyfriend has a soft spot for anything chocolaty. He ate them 6. Best part, it only takes 5 ingredients and 15 minutes, including the baking part.
Ingredients for 12 muffins:
- 5 eggs
- 100 g regular wheat flour
- 100 g sugar
- 250 g butter
- 300 g dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 250 Celsius degrees.
- On a very low heat melt the butter together with chocolate.
- While the chocolate is melting beat up the eggs with sugar until it becomes moussy. Add the melted chocolate and flour and mix well. It’s gonna be slightly thick. Feel free to lick the whisker.
- Pour the mixture in the muffin molds, until 2/3 full. If using silicone muffin tray pour the mixture directly, if using metal one, use the paper molds.
- Put in the middle of an oven and bake for 6 – 8 minutes, until cracks on the top appear.
- Take out and serve, with ice cream, whipped cream, jelly, fruit or as it is.
If you want it to be less liquidy, turn off the oven when the cracks appear and leave them in there for 4 – 5 more minutes..