It’s about million degrees outside, which means it’s perfect time to bake cakes and tarts. 😀 Just kidding, I made this tart last week when a wave of coolness hit our area and I do recommend you should make it when it gets colder, not because of the baking part (there’s only 15 minutes of baking) but because this tart is so rich and indulgent, it’s perfect for rainy days. But if you’re tired of melons of all sorts, mojitos and salads and you’re craving something fulfilling, well my chocolate obsessed friend, this is the way to go.
- 250 g strong brašna
- 1 tblspoon of cocoa powder
- 130 g butter
- 12 tblspoons of cold water
- 0,5 l of double cream or whipping cream
- 350 g of dark chocolate
- 1 tblspoon of honey
- 1 banana
- pinch of salt
- 100 g of roast hazelnuts
- Use the first part of ingredients to make the tart dough. Bare in mind you’re using cold butter and a little liquid so you’ll need to get your hands working for about 20 minutes until you get a smooth dough. This one is perfect, not too chewy neither too crumbly.
- Wrap in cling film and leave in a fridge for 30 minutes
- Roll the dough out and cover the tart tray with it. Use your fingers to press the dough and make it stick to the tray until it’s evenly thick on all sides. Take a fork and poke the dough. Put in a freezer for 15 minutes.
- Then put in the middle of the preheated oven for 15 minutes, 180 Celsius.
- While the tart is baking, melt the chocolate with double cream on steam. Then tip into a blender, along with one banana, 1 tblspoon of honey and a pinch of salt and whizz.
- Pour onto the tart crust and leave in the fridge to cool, best overnight. Serve with roast hazelnuts.
Tips and tricks:
- If you’d like gluten free, use chestnut or pumpkin seed flour. They will be more tough to work with, so adjust the liquid accordingly.
- If you’d like the vegan version swap butter for coconut oil, chocolate with vegan chocolate or a combination of raw cocoa and coconut oil, swap the double cream with condensed coconut cream (just leave in the fridge for 48 hours, let it cool properly) and honey with agave syrup.
- Serve thinner slices since it’s very rich and fulfilling.