Desserts don’t always have to be complicated, sometimes less is more, especially in this period of late summer when nature provides the best of fruit. This easy peasy recipe for juicy baked fruit with indulgent creamy ice cream or mascarpone cream is a perfect way of getting read tons of fruit (and not making it into a jam) or a quick fix dessert when you have uninvited guests banging on the door. Because the best food is the one you share.
- 1 – 1,5 kilo of fruit of your choice
- 0,2 dcl brandyja or some sweet wine
- 1 tbls of vanilla sugar + 1-2 tbls of sugar
- 1 lemon
- ice cream or mascarpone
- Wash and clean the fruit according to their needs: halve and pit the peaches, apricots, plums and nectarines, quarter the apples and pears, cut the rhubarb into smaller pieces, remove the bottoms from strawberries, cut down the figs (but down cut through). Squeeze over the lemon juice so it doesn’t turn brown.
- Sprinkle fairly with sugar and pour over the brandy. I like to sprinkle with some lemon zest as well.
- Bake on 180 Celsius for 20ish minutes until slightly softer, but not a mush.
- Serve with some ice cream (I prefer the vanilla or the one with walnuts)or some mascarpone cream mixed with a bit of sugar.
Any leftovers you can eat with yogurt or on a toast or bake again as a crumble.