For me there’s nothing better than rainy autumn days, especially when it’s over the weekend. While the rain drops slowly knock on my window, I wrap myself in a warm blanket, get super cozy with a big cup of tea and enjoy a good book, movie or just enjoy the rain, silence and a warm hug. If there’s a hearty casserole in the oven, slowly bubbling away for hours, what more could you ask for?
To accompany the tea I serve everything, from sweet to savory delights. Here is my favorite cracker recipe which requires only 5 ingredients and 20 minutes of your time. Great with cheese cream for breakfast, after lunch beer or an evening tea.
- 2 cups of wholewheat flour
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1/2 cup of seeds (I use flaxseed and sunflower)
- 1/3 cup of oil (preferably olive oil)
- Sift the flour in a bowl, add the seeds and the salt. Then add the water and oil. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture on a grease proof papered tray and even out with a spatula until thick to your liking.
- Bake for 20 minutes on 180 Celsius degrees. Let it cool so it becomes crunchy.
- Serve as you wish.