Let’s color this gray week ahead of us with some sweet autumn colors. Such as colors of this mashed chestnut treat. As always, I took a traditional recipe and played with it until I got something similar, yet different. Actually this is the result of a lot of leftovers from my fridge, which only proves that with a little bit of imagination and effort, usually something good comes out.
For 2 portions you’ll need:
- 2×150 Greek yogurt
- 200 g of cooked, peeled chestnuts
- 2 table spoons of juice syrup of your choice (I like the Ikea’s rhubarb one)
- 1 tea spoon of vanilla extract
- 2 table spoons of creamy liqueur such as Bailey’s, Amarula, chocolate or hazelnut
- 2 tea spoons of runny honey
- 0,2 l double cream
- 2 biscuits (Ikea again, ginger thins are my favorite)
- Pour the Greek yogurt in a cup and mix with a table spoon of syrup.
- Mash the chestnuts with a fork and the vanilla extract, pinch of cinnamon, 2 tea spoons of honey and liqueur. Spoon over the yogurt.
- Whip the cream and pour over the chestnut mixture.
- Crumble the biscuits and sprinkle on top.
Enjoy in this dessert during rainy autumn evenings while watching a movie in a good company (my choice was IT).