You liked the picture of the pizza I made the other day, so I decided to write a recipe although Internet is filled with them. This is a recipe for a classic pizza, with dough made from wheat flour, home made tomato sauce and different cured meat. Actually this is a pizza he likes, I prefer the classic Napolitana, just a dash of tomato, basil and mozzarella. See, I think pizza should be a harmony of the dough and the stuffing, so the 7 layers ones do nothing for me.
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- pinch of chili flakes
- salt, pepper
- 1/2 of garlic clove
- aceto balsamico
- 2 tables spoons of olive oil for the dough + 1 for the sauce
- 125 g mozzarelle (although burrata is so much better)
- cured meats
- 300 g of flour (I mix regular and strong)
- 2 dcl of tepid water
- 1/2 satchel of dried yeast
- 1/2 tea spoon of sugar
- Wash the cherry tomatoes, add a good pinch of salt, pepper, chili and dried oregano, table spoon of olive oil and 1/2 tea spoon of aceto. Chop it up and then strain through a kitchen towel.
- Mix the flour, make a well in the middle, add a pinch of salt, yeast, oil sugar and the water. Knead an elastic, smooth dough.
- You can leave it to rest, or roll out straight away.
- Heat up the oven to 250 Celsius degrees.
- Smear the tomato sauce over it, lay the meats and mozzarella, then add couple of drops of a nice olive oil. Don’t over do it.
- Bake on bottom of the oven for 10 minutes and then 5-7 minutes under the grill.