September is here, summer is slowly fading away, and abundance is sprouting on every corner. For me September always means new beginnings and ambition. Which also means I’d like to invest more in this blog and that comes with it. More experimenting, more fun, less pressure.
That’s why I made this AMAZING fudge chocolate cake pumped with carrots and zucchini for extra nutrition.
- 150 g peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 20 g of raw cocoa powder
- 150 g of carrot and zucchini (grated)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 6 table spoons of maple syrup or honey
- optional: cinnamon, vanilla
- Heat up the oven to 180 Celsius degrees.
- Wash and grate the veg.
- Heat up the peanut butter on a low heat until more liquidy.
- Add the sweetener and put aside to cool.
- When lightly warm add an egg, pinch of salt, cocoa powder and baking powder. Optionally add cinnamon or vanilla.
- Fold in the veg. The mixture will be very thick.
- Pour into a bread tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let it cool, then take out of the bread tin and cut into bars.
- Drizzle with some honey and sprinkle with cocoa mixed with cinnamon.
- Keeps fresh for up to 3 days in an air tight container.
Great for cook rookies trying to make something delicious and healthy.
Recipe idea: Izy Hossack, The Savy Cook