Healthy blueberry doughnuts for brunch? Yes? Carry on!
– 100 g of pitted dates
– 100 g of regular flour
– 100 g of wholewheat flour
– 1 tea spoon of baking powder
– pinch of salt
– 1 egg
– 30 g of ground almonds
– 300 g of blueberries
– 2 table spoons of honey
– 5 table spoons of Greek yogurt
– olive oil
- Add all of the ingredients above in the food processor with 70 ml of water and pulse until you get a ball of dough (or do it by hand). Then knead the dough and roll out to 1,5 cm thick. Cut the circles around 8 cm wide with 3 cm holes in them. You’ll get 4-8 doughnuts.
- Boil them for 5 minutes.
- Heat up couple of olive oil table spoons and fry the doughnuts for 10 minutes. Turn them regularly to ensure crispiness.
- Add the blueberries and honey and fry for couple of minutes until they release the juice.
- Serve with Greek yogurt.
Recipe: J. Oliver Super food family classics