For the love of pasta and all that’s holy on Sunday I made some lovely home made ravioli stuffed with loads of meat. The stuffing is all about you and your preferences, but this dough recipe is solid.
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 250 g of strong, bread flour
- 3 smaller or 2 big fresh eggs
- 300 g of pork fillet, a handful of chopped salami and a handful of chopped quality sausage
- 1 red onion
- 200 g of double cream or creme fraiche
- Pour the flour on work surface and make a well in the middle.
- Crack the eggs in the middle, mix them lightly with a fork and slowly start to work with the flour. Knead for 10 minutes until you get a smooth, silky, soft ball of dough. Wrap in cling film and put in t he fridge for an hour.
- Meanwhile chop up the onion along with the meats and fry on a medium high heat.
- Flour the work surface well and roll out the dough to 1 mm thick.
- Cut 8 cm wide and 20 cm long stripes of dough. I got 8 of them.
- Every 5 cm put a teaspoon of mixture on the dough.
- With a brush dipped in water stroke the edges of the dough and then cover with another piece of dough.
- With the edge of your palm gently squeeze out the air from the mixture and snug it so the two pieces of dough stick together. Be careful not to poke the dough. Cut the ravioli, you get around 4 piece per one dough stripe
- Boil them for 3-4 minutes in salty boiling water.
- Heat up the rest of the meat mixture, add some cream and cooked ravioli for a couple of minutes.