Let’s increase our fiber and mineral intake this winter in order to reduce fatigue and drowsiness.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 250 g of bulgur
- 400 ml of water
- 3 carrots
- 3 peppers
- 2 zucchinis
- bunch of spring onions
- small broccoli or cauliflower
- 2 lemons
- salt, pepper
- olive oil
- 2 fresh chili
- 400 g of cooked chickpeas
- bunch of chives, bunch of parsley, couple of sprigs of mint
- 200 g feta cheese
- 100 g of cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- Chop up the carrots, peppers, zucchinis and cauliflower into small pieces. Season with salt, pepper, olive oil and juice of half a lemon then roast in the oven at 180 Celsius degrees for 25 minutes.
- Boil the water with some salt and the bulgur. Turn off the heat and let it bubble up.
- Chop finely the spring onions, chives, mint and parsley. Stir into the bulgur, add the roasted vegetables. Season with salt, pepper, juice of one lemon and some olive oil, mix well.N
- Thinly slice the red onion and chilies, add the tomatoes cut into quarters. Season with the juice of half a lemon and 2 table spoons of olive oil. Rinse the chickpeas, dry well and add to the tomatoes. Crumble in the feta.
- Serve warm or cold.
Inspiration and recipe adaptation: J.Oliver Return of the Naked Chef, page 60, chickpea salad