Ready for a quick dinner? Chicken quesadilla with cream spread, smoked cheese and bbq sauce for the foodie in you (although I know the real quesadilla is the folded one, I prefer this one that is covered with another tortilla). Best served with a big bowl of salad.
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 2 tortillas
- 400 g of chicken breast
- cream spread
- salt, pepper
- 100 – 150 g of smoked cheese (you can mix smoked and non-smoked)
- optional chili peppers
- bbq sauce (Heinz classic barbeque)
- Dice the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Fry on some oil(or lard) along with finely chopped chili peppers. Fry until nice and golden.
- Spread the cream over one tortilla. Place the chicken bits on top of that (leave 1 cm from the edge free), cover with finely grated cheese. Spread bbq sauce over the other tortilla, cover smeared side down and press firmly. Pinch the edges with your fingers in order to connect the tortillas.
- Place on a tray lined with baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven for 8 minutes (220 Celsius degrees).
- Flip the quesadilla and bake for 8 minutes on the other side. You can sprinkle some cheese on top so it gets crunchy.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes and cut into 4 pieces.