Finally a Sunday where I caught some time to bake and even write down the recipe. It involves these simple, rustic apple/cinnamon juicy muffins, my friend’s Suzy’s recipe which I adapted ever so slightly. They’re simple and delicious and one of my favorite recipes on which I can always rely on.
In order to cook as sustainable as possible I use all of the apple leftovers to cook apple-lemon ice tea.
- 3 apples
- 250 g of flour
- 1 satchel of baking powder
- 1 satchel of vanilla sugar
- 2 dcl of sour cream
- 2 table spoons of honey meda or 3 table spoons of sugar
- zest of half of lemon
- 1 dcl of coconut oil or melted butter (can be a combo of both)
- 1 egg
- 2 table spoons of cinnamon
- Peel and core the apples, then grate and leave on the side to rest a bit.
- In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients.
- Drain the apples and cook the drained juice along with apple peal and core and a juice of half a lemon into a tea, then cool.
- Add an egg, oil, cream and honey/sugar into apples and mix well. Then add to the dry ingredients and mix into a sticky batter.
- Fill in the muffin tray and bake for 30 minutes on 180 Celsius degrees.
Serve with apple-lemon ice tea and enjoy the Sunday snack.