I love exotic food and will try everything one day, this I swear. And there are days when I’m fed up with regular food so I usually reach out for some Chinese recipe. This one is great, super easy, nutritious, tasty and impressive, so I advise you to make it any time you have guests coming for dinner. It will have that wow effect even though the oven will do most of the work. Definitely one of my all time favorites.
- chicken file (one per person)
- star anise
- paprika (mixed green, yellow and red ones)
- couple of red onions
- salt n peppa
- soy sauce
- garlic (1 clove per package)
- fresh chili pepper
- optional shiitake shrooms
- Slice the chicken file into little stripes or dices.
- Slice the onions, carrots, zucchinis, chili peppers, ginger and fennel into little stripes and mix them well in a bowl.
- Rip the aluminium foil into 20 cm long sheets. Spread a handful of vegetables on a sheet and make a hole in the middle. There you add the chicken. Drizzle a tea spoon of soy sauce over each one, squeeze couple of drops of lemon juice and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add one star anise and one clove of garlic to each package. Seal it nice and tight and bend the foil upwards so you prevent the juice from coming out.
- Bake it in a preheated oven for 20 minutes on 200 Celsius degrees. While the chicken is baking, cook the rice (I suggest basmati rice). When they’re done, take the packages out of the oven and let them rest for 5 minutes. Serve with rice.