New year brings us new recipes. I’ve been meaning to make this chick for a while now (as seen on J.Oliver’s site) since it’s not only super roasted, but juicy as well, with an amazing accompanying sauce. But we’re not here to talk, so let’s get cookin’.
- 1,5 kilo chicken
- 2 lemons
- 0,5 l of milk
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 120 g of butter
- Salt, pepper
- Olive oil
- Rub the chicken with salt, pepper and olive oil. Cut the butter into 3 pieces.
- In a snug pot, put the chicken and first knob of butter, then roast it until the butter starts burning. Twist and rotate the chicken until golden.
- Pour out the burnt butter and repeat the process once more.
- Then add the third knob of butter so it melts, and then add zest of 2 lemons and the whole bulb of garlic (unpeeled cloves, just slightly squished). Add a generous pinch of salt an pepper and a pinch of cinnamon if you’d like.
- Pour in the milk, juice of half a lemon and the chick and put in the oven heated up to 180 Celsius degrees for 90 minutes.
- Baste the chicken here and there and turn it occasionally.
- The acid from the lemon will split the milk into little curds.
- Serve the chick with polenta, mashed potatoes or loads of green veg. The meat will fall of the bone and generously pour over the sauce.