I got this recipe from my boyfriend’s mother because of two reasons: first one is that it’s one of his favorite things to eat, second one is that this scones are amazing. I always make a big batch of them and serve as a meal itself, because everything else would ruin them. Bets part, it’s a type of recipe which for minimum effort gives great results. And those kind of recipes one should always keep.
- 40o g strong flour
- 400 g fresh cow cheese
- 25o g butter
- 1/2 pack of fresh yeast
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 egg
- parmigano type of cheese
- Dissolve the yeast in 0,05 l of lukewarm water with one teaspoon of sugar.
- Sift the flour and salt, add the yeast. Then add the butter and cheese and knead a nice, slightly moist dough.
- Cover with clingfilm and leave in the fridge overnight.
- Roll out the next day to 1 cm thick and cut into little circles.
- Smear over the egg yolk and grate some cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes on 180 Celsius degrees.