I promised this recipe couple of weeks ago, but since postponing might be my thing after all, took some time to finally sit down and write it. The recipe’s star is the humble potato, a little earth dumpling filled with vitamin C, vitamin B6, potassium, phosphorus, iron and calcium. Like I need more reasons to eat this baby. 😀
- 300 g of red potato (2 medium sized one)
- salt, pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- olive oil
- Slice the potatoes lengthwise, half a centimeter thick. I get 5-6 slices per potato.
- Transfer into a pot with cold water. Add 2 tea spoons of salt and bring to boil. Reduce the heat to simmer and cook for 10 minutes. (If it boils too hard it can break the potatoes. The same will happen if you overcook them.)
- Drain the potatoes and let them cool for couple of minutes.
- On a non stick pan pour a tablespoon of olive oil and spread over the bottom. Heat it up and place the potato slices.
- Fry for 5 minutes until golden, add a pinch of salt and pepper and then turn. Fry for 5 more minutes and also add a pinch of salt and pepper. Turn again.
- Mix the spices with 3-4 tablespoons of water. Pour over the potatoes and fry for 2 more minutes until the water disappears.
- Serve as a main dish, with a nice salad or a succulent creamy sauce or as a side dish to some meat. I prefer it as a main dish.
Adjust the spices or omit them.