Be it the first thing in the morning or some time afternoon, we all need a little energy boost from time to time. For some it’s coffee or sugary drinks, but if you’re looking for something more nutritious try some raw bites. These little balls are filled with nutrients to help you stay on top of your game and are dead easy to make.
Since they can be quite pricey in the shops, it’s much cheaper and practical to make them at home according to your own taste. I went for the raw cocoa-almond butter-seeds combo, but you can experiment as much as you like.
Ingredients for 15-20 balls:
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 tbsp of sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp of flax seeds
- 2 tbsp of raw cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp of almond butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 3 tbsp of date syrup (any natural liquid sweetener will do)
- zest of one lemon
- 1 tsp of cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- coconut flour
- In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients, then add the wet ones. Mix well until sticky and thick.
- With wet hands shape little balls which you then roll in coconut flour or flakes.
- Serve with fresh fruit, yogurt, lemonade…
It will keep in the fridge for 7 days.
They are great for/as:
- ”I’d like something sweet” phases
- travel snacks
- energy boost pre/post work out
- substitute for sugar consumption (diet wise)
- PMS without later regrets
- energy boost during study time
- natural digestion enhancer