My version of J. Oliver’s 30 minute meals classic. He uses rump-steak, I used beef thigh steak.
Ingredients for 2 sandwiches:
- 1 ciabatta
- 2 beef thigh steaks 200-250 g, 2,5-3 cm thick
- extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g rocket
- 200 g grilled peppers
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 of smaller bunch of parsley
- 1 tablespoons of aceto balsamico
- Meat take out of the fridge to room temperature 20-30 minutes before grilling.
- Rub 2 tablespoons of olive oil, a good pinch of salt and pepper into steaks, both sides.
- Put the grill pan (or regular non stick) on a high heat without oil, to avoid smoke.
- Put the steaks on the pan and grill for 3 minutes on both sides for medium rare, 5 minutes for well done.
- While the meat is grilling halve the ciabatta lengthwise. Smear 2 tea spoons of horse radish and place the rocket.
- Chop up grilled peppers (2-3) on a board along with parsley. Add some salt, pepper and a swig of aceto and flatten out.
- When the meat is done place it on the pepper and leave to rest for couple of minutes.
- Slice the meat into strips and place on top of rocket. Smear the pepper on top. Use the upper part of the ciabatta as a loofa to suck up all the lovely juices left on the board from peppers and meat.
- Place on top of the sandwich and press down.
- Serve on a board cut into 2-4 pieces with extra rocket on the side.
Recipe adaptation: J. Oliver, 30 minute meals, season 1, episode 9