I’m so excited to share this wholewheat crackers recipe with you. For me there’s nothing better than rainy autumn days, especially when it’s over the weekend. While the rain drops slowly knock on my window, I wrap myself in a warm blanket, get super cozy with a big cup of tea and enjoy a good book, movie or just enjoy the rain, silence and a warm hug. If there’s a hearty casserole in the oven, slowly bubbling away for hours, what more could you ask for?
To accompany the tea I serve everything, from sweet to savory delights. Here is my favorite cracker recipe which requires only 5 ingredients and 30 minutes of your time. Great with cheese cream for breakfast, after lunch beer or an evening tea.
- 2 cups of wholewheat flour
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1/2 cup of seeds (I use flaxseed and sunflower)
- 1/3 cup of oil (preferably olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Sift the flour in a bowl, add the seeds and the salt. Then add the water and oil. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture on a grease proof papered tray and even out with a spatula until thick to your liking.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes on 200 Celsius degrees. Let it cool so it becomes crunchy.
- Serve as you wish.